Enchanting Canyonlands - Summer 2021
Enchanting Canyonlands – Classic Group, 2021
The American Southwest is a panoramic stage for Mother Nature’s most majestic performance. From exploring the crimson landscapes and diverse scenery of Monument Valley to chasing the bright lights of Las Vegas, this all-American journey introduces you to America’s West in complete style.
- Scottsdale: Mingle over a delightful Welcome Dinner at your resort’s renowned Zuzu Restaurant, named for the beloved matriarch of the family that owns the property.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- Zion National Park: Join your Travel Director and new friends for an evening of festivities during your Celebration Dinner and reminisce about the highlights of your journey.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon: Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. With over seven years of experience in geology, you’ll be taught all about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and impact now. He’ll also talk to you about the local flora and fauna, and where you might be able to spot elk, mule deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions.
- Monument Valley: Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and more about life on their beautiful land.
Top Rated Highlights
- Sedona: Explore bohemian Sedona with its shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty. Drive along scenic Oak Creek Canyon and arrive at Grand Canyon National Park.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American’s traded wool and livestock.
- Glen Canyon: Later today, you’ll stop by the Glen Canyon Dam where you’ll learn about its history and impact on the Colorado River.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Phoenix and Travel to Scottsdale.
Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.
Monument Valley and Lake Powell.
Leisurely Lake Powell.
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
Zion to Las Vegas, From Nature to Neon.
Depart Las Vegas.